GO730 pin reset broken?

dpk

TomTom Model(s)
GO 825 Live
GO730 would occasionally decide to not connect bluetooth to mob phone- I would fix with a pin reset after which it again connected to phone. Tried this the other day and now no reset happens via the reset hole on the bottom. Not sure if I have broken something in there?
Any ideas or similar problems out there?:confused:

Do you still feel resistance against the switch? It takes very little pressure to operate it. It's a pretty simple device, and bulletproof in operation. If it can be actuated, you can bet you'll see results on the screen. I'm wondering whether it may have come loose from the circuit board due to a few too many hard presses?

Yiou may be right- I always was 'firm' in using the pin reset and it has nil reaction now when I use the pin. Not sure how (or if) I can open it up to have a look- virtually impossible to see any detail down the pin hole even with a strong light.

The 730 works fine in every other regard- just the bluetooth to the phone and now unable to reset as before.

The way to open the case is shown in our battery change tutorial

720/730 920/930 Battery Replacement Tutorial

that should at least get you started on the dis-assembly.
But be VERY careful if you disconnect the screen's flat cable, that you don't break the latches on the connector.

Ask a Question