GO720 wont take updates

Hi All,

This is my forst post and my First GO720. The devuce worked fine out of the box. I got it home and started to update the device. This is what happened

1) using the "get the latest map feature" the download completed but would not install - i got an INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" - the device would power up but i just got a ble screen and the touch didn't work!

2) I managed to get the device working again (i dont know how) and have the latest US maps (710) but the file size is 1.2## GB - everyone else seems to have 1.7## GB.

3) Im trying to update the program to 7.221 , i have downloaded it , and installed it - according to HOME. But when i check whats in my tomtom in HOME it shows as version 0.

Am I completeley stupid , this shouldn't be this hard right!
HELP ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

2) I managed to get the device working again (i dont know how) and have the latest US maps (710) but the file size is 1.2## GB - everyone else seems to have 1.7## GB.
Not here. After using TT Home to get the most recent NA map, mine shows as 1225.5MB in TT Home.

WOW, thats weird, what about firmware?

OK, thats cool - i was thinking that somehow my maps got messed up. What does HOME2 say about your firmware , mine still says version 0 , but im sure i'm running 7.221 'cos my speach input is working!!

cheers

OK, thats cool - i was thinking that somehow my maps got messed up. What does HOME2 say about your firmware , mine still says version 0 , but im sure i'm running 7.221 'cos my speach input is working!!

cheers

Known bug in TTHome 2 software. Will NOT show proper firmware version on the unit.

Just touch the satellite bars on the unit and the proper version appears.

Last edited:

Ask a Question