Go720 no Bluetooth?

I cannot get any cell phone to connect to my Go720, Tried 11 phones of mne, family and friends. They all found the TomTom but the TmTom never found the phones, always responded saying no phones found. Phones always said unable to pair or pairing failed or similra. All the phones were listed on TomTom site as being compatable.I used to get a Bluetooth icon on the TomTom but that is absent also. I believe I have the latest operating verson 8.351. Any advice or is the bluetooth disabled in this version? The TomTom does serach for the phone and there is bluetooth and phone options in the menu, they just never locate any phones.

The current Bluetooth support using 8,351 is best described as dire are you sure bluetooth is enabled on the TomTom and the phones are set to visible - Mike

I cannot get any cell phone to connect to my Go720, ...
I used to get a Bluetooth icon on the TomTom but that is absent also. I believe I have the latest operating verson 8.351. Any advice or is the bluetooth disabled in this version? The TomTom does serach for the phone and there is bluetooth and phone options in the menu, they just never locate any phones.
I now have no problems with my phone and Bluetooth but after getting 8.351 I had to go multiple times through the discovery process. I posted in another thread on October 07
I also had an annoying problem with the phone. Upon start up, it would announce and show that it is connected to my phone. When trying to make a call and selecting the phone book or recent calls I'd get the message "this feature is not available".
I would then go through the pairing process which would lock up at about 55%.
After several days of trying and leaving the phone in the Bluetooth discovery mode as "always visible" (which I do not like) the 930 completed the discovery and everything worked as it should.

Before you do that you must resolve your problem with the Bluetooth being active on your device. You may try multiple times to switch it on and off.

View attachment 2711

Good luck,

Last edited:
I get that problem once in a while. Bluetooth work then, next time I power the unit back up, it doesn't. A reset always solve the problem so, maybe that's what you need.
Also, lots of phones come with bluetooth privacy on by default so, as other mentionned, ensure your phone is set to visible. The TomTom must be the one finding the phone, not the other way around.

I recall that the TT used to display a Bluetooth symbol on the display face if enabled but that is no longer there at all, nor is it listed among the items that can/will/may be shown on the display in the what do you want to diplay options. Has that symbol/icon been taken away? I am guessing that if the icon is not there perhaps the Bluetooth is not working/enabled/available? ?

I recall that the TT used to display a Bluetooth symbol on the display face if enabled but that is no longer there at all, nor is it listed among the items that can/will/may be shown on the display in the what do you want to diplay options. Has that symbol/icon been taken away? I am guessing that if the icon is not there perhaps the Bluetooth is not working/enabled/available? ?
Did you, per chance, click on Show fewer menu options under Preferences (screen 8 of 8 on my 930)?

It may be this here.

It may be this here.

bluetooth shuts down on me after three days pin reset fixes it

I am seeing this with my 720 - I used to have no problem - but since updating to latest firmware I have to do a pin reset every 3 or so days to maintain bluetooth connection. Hopefully we'll get a fix as it is frustrating.

Ask a Question