Go720 in North Central FL.

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Ok, I have had my unit for a week, I received a updated map to 7.20. Well, The unit can't find my house, it shows every street in my town wrong, while driving it shows many (and I mean MANY) wrong street names and places. Is this normal for tomtom? I am seriously thinking about taking the unit back and getting a different brand... So.. do you all think it just a fluke or is this tomtom problem with their maps?

Totally disappointed..
Ck:confused:

There have been posters here reporting that mapping of certain areas of Florida are lacking. Why not go to a store and check out brands such as Garmin. Compare map quality and if satisfied, return the TomTom. After all, bells and whistles are nice but if the unit can't get you to where you need to go, what use is it?

I spent weeks playing with TomTom and Garmin at Circ. City. It got so they hated seeing me walk in.....What I found out was they both had errors in my area and neither would route me out of town on the Interstate.

I made the decision to buy TT because of it's flexibility and MapShare. At least I kknow my maps will be getting new info instead of being stagnant between new releases.

I used my 720 extensively in Ga recently and it took me everywhere I needed to go. I know how to get out of Charleston so I don't need it to tell me, but, in a new area......wow.......wonderful help.

Good luck whichever way you decide

Last edited:

Ask a Question