GO630 wont charge from car but will from USB

Im having problems with both my TTGO630 and my TTOne. Neither of them will charge in the car, despite trying different wires and different cars. But when plugged into the computer via USB they both charge.

The light on the car chargers remains green when you plug them in but the lights on the devices remain off and wont even turn on

Any Ideas?

Im having problems with both my TTGO630 and my TTOne. Neither of them will charge in the car, despite trying different wires and different cars. But when plugged into the computer via USB they both charge.

The light on the car chargers remains green when you plug them in but the lights on the devices remain off and wont even turn on

Any Ideas?
Almost makes me wonder if one of your car chargers is taking out the breakers on your cigarette lighter sockets. Do the sockets still work with other chargers and equipment? And you're saying you get no light on your TomToms when plugged in. What about the little light on the chargers themselves?

Almost makes me wonder if one of your car chargers is taking out the breakers on your cigarette lighter sockets. Do the sockets still work with other chargers and equipment? And you're saying you get no light on your TomToms when plugged in. What about the little light on the chargers themselves?

Thanks for the reply. One of the chargers is brand new as i thought it was a faulty wire at first but that also does the same. The light on the charger remains green but the lights on the TT's dont light up at all. Everything else works fine, my PSP and phone charge from the cigarette lighters

Thanks for the reply. One of the chargers is brand new as i thought it was a faulty wire at first but that also does the same. The light on the charger remains green but the lights on the TT's dont light up at all. Everything else works fine, my PSP and phone charge from the cigarette lighters
Now that's a kicker. The charger LED lights, but the TomTom LED does not. What are the odds of having two bad chargers? Since they charge in the cradle, we know the TomToms are good. That kinda limits the possibilities!

Do any of your other devices have the same mini-B USB plug that fits your TomTom? If so, I'd be curious to know whether using one of your non-TomTom USB type chargers will light the light on either of your TomTom units.

Ask a Question