GO630 vs XL340S

I recently bought a GO630, which I like, but the suction cup is terrible. It seems the XL340S has the new EasyPort mount so I"m considering returning the 630 for the XL340S. Other than bluetooth and voice input, which I don't use, what else does the 630 have the XL340S doesn't? Is the EasyPort suction cup any better? Does it just press-on or is there a mechanism that applies suction after you place it against the window?
Thanks.

I weighed the same two and chose the 630. My phone is not supported and the bluetooth is hit or miss, but like you I didn't really buy it for that feature.

Main reason I chose the 630 is for the SD card slot. The 340s doesn't have it, and there have been issues with upgrading the map. Many people had an issue with not being able to fit the new map on the device. While the issue seems to have been fixed, having no extra memory in my mind was a big issue. So big that I chose the 630 even though I drive in Mexico quite often, and would have gotten the Mexico map on the 340s. Now if I want to buy the Mexico map, I can easily fit it on my SD card, no issues.

If you don't like the mount check out arkon.com. They have some very good mounting solutions for around $20.

Thanks. I also found some info that the 620 has a faster processor. So, i think i'll keep it and just try a different mount.

Ask a Question