GO600 Lack of Road Works..

TomTom Model(s)
GO 600
Hi all,

I have just got my hands on a GO 600 and after connecting to my phone for the live traffic/camera/road works gig I noticed many of the road works in my area, South of Adelaide - South Australia, are not showing up.. for example, along the Southern Expressway (the now, main road which takes traffic from the South toward Adelaide) where there have been road works for well over a year now, none of these are showing up on my TomTom, This is disappointing.

It is connected to my phone and I do receive camera warnings but I'm yet to come across any Road Works, I would think a major project like the Southern Expressway expansion would be clearly documented on any navigation systems.

I have of course updated my maps.. Being brand new to SatNav I can't see any way to log these road works so they come up on the system..

For such a major 2-3year long set of road works (over a year into it now), you would think they'd be on the new TT.

Is there any way I can report these road works, add them to the SatNav or anything of the sort?

Thank you,
Paul

Do you have the sense that the lower average speed through those roadworks is already being included in the time-to-arrival data as 'normal'?

I'm thinking that for roadworks that create slow downs for extended periods such as this, it is possible that they've wound up just becoming embedded in the IQRoutes data, and that only slow downs worse than the 'new normal' appear in the traffic bar.

Thank you for your replies.

I have no reported said road works.

Canderson- It still recognises the expressway as a 100km/h zone although it's been 80-60 for well over a year.. but I will keep an eye on the IQRoute next time I travel that way,
Thank you

The speed limit is stored differently from the average speed (which is actually a whole set of average speeds for each small road segment based upon day of week and time of day), so whatever speed limit is shown doesn't reflect what IQRoutes expects people are actually able to achieve at any particular moment in time.

One way to test this would be to set up a dozen km or so route along that stretch at your usual commuting time (using the A to B planning feature), and see what kind of duration it gives you for that trip vs. the length of the route you created. They may not have ever gone back to review the speed limit signs during construction, but they get their average actual speed data from TomTom units and other devices that travel that section of road, and over that length of time, the embedded average data is probably correct, giving you a proper ETA when you route across it.

I am, of course, assuming that they've ever got round to getting the A to B planning feature included in the new x00 series unit firmware. What I described was always a feature on the previous generations of units.

Ask a Question