go600/6000

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1005 App12.055.1124410.74 Map Europe 885.4007
Two questions

Where can I check to see if my smartphone will connect with a 600 for traffic?

Secondly How long is TomTom committed to providing built in sim card support on the 6000 as at the moment cannot decide which unit to upgrade too?

Many Thanks

@jules
Depending upon what you have for a data plan, it may be cheaper and easier for you to BYOC (bring your own connection) with the 600. The 6000 does cost a good bit more than the 600 due to the connectivity that comes with it.

In the EU, connectivity between a cell phone and a current GO x00 device is presently being managed as a Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Network) connection. Your phone and carrier need to support 'tethering' using the PAN profile in order for a GO x00 unit to pair and connect to your phone. TomTom Customer Service may or may not know about your specific phone and its capabilities. Your cellular carrier, on the other hand (or the instructions for your phone) should identify if it is capable of that service.

Thanks for getting back.

As I use a bluetooth headset for phone conversations I suspect that using a PAN would knock out my headset, any thoughts.

Depends upon your phone's capabilities, but it should support two simultaneous connections using two different BT profiles. Most will do so.

Ask a Question