Go520 and Blackberry Torch 9800

Good morning,

This is my first time on this forum so please be nice. lol

I have recently upgraded from the very reliable Blackberry 8800 to the Blackberry Torch and am having issues setting u the wireless data connection between my TomTom and my Blackberry.

This worked previously on the 8800, although I had to reset the BB fomr time to time but it did enable me to pick up traffic on the TomTom.

I have searched everywhere for a solution but with no success.

I have used the normal setting for my carrier, APN: internet, Username: web, password: web and what I believe is the correct login script: at+cgtcont=1,"IP","internet" also using the dialup code of *99# however it just will not connect.

Although TomTom support said that this would not work with my 8800 it would so I am assuming that even though they say it wont with the 9800 I am sure there is a way.

The Bluetooth connection between the devices is all up and running and the TomTom confirms that the following services are available on the blackberry:

Handsfree calling, Wireless Data, Contacts, etc

Has anyone had the same issue, does anyone know if this will work and if so how to get it to work.

I really do not want to buy a TMC-RDS cable for my tomtom as I much prefer just using the wireless data to get traffic.

Oh, and yes I am obviously using OS6 whereas my 8800 was using OS4.5. I have read somewhere that Blackberry changed the Bluetooth design on OS 4.6 upwards? Is this true and would this make a difference?

I am going to try and get this working on my 8520 today to provie this as it is running OS5

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Ask a Question