GO300 in continuous shut down loop

My 4 year old GO300 has had one successful battery replacement (June 09). Apart from that it's been as reliable as you could want, until today!!!???

When it starts and I enter my 4 digit password, it immediately decides to shut down ("Shutting down ... in 10, 9, 8 seconds") then changes its mind (sometimes at 9, sometimes 8, sometimes 7 seconds) and shows the map, then changes its mind again and starts to shut down, then back to the map, then shutting down, map, shutting down, map, and so on, continuously.

This symptom disappears while connected to HOME 2.7 (and on A/C power pack). The battery symbol shows as "FULL" while connected but I'm not sure whether that is a true indication.

I've restored the machine via HOME, and RESET it with the old paper clip, but all to no avail.

I saw one reference to the same problem on FIXYA but did not want to pay $12 for the privilege of reading their response.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? More importantly, does anyone know what causes it and/or how to correct it???

Under Battery Saving Preferences, do you have Shut Down if external power lost? If so, uncheck that and see what happens.

If not fixed then...

First, try the Clear flash tool found here: tomtom.com/6211. Download it and run 3 times.

If that doesn't help, make an Explorer, NOT Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then format the internal storage. don't use quickformat. Finally, restore your Explorer backup. How is it now?

Ask a Question