GO Live 950 "Device Not Recognised"

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by lutontown, Jan 10, 2010.

1. lutontown

lutontown

Where do I begin ?

Picked up a new Go Live 950 on 7th Jan.
    Tried to connect to 2 pcs, one Windows 7 the other XP (SP3). Each time the device was not recognised by device manager and the drivers were not loaded. In device manager in the driver tab I got the message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Spoke to TT support for 2 hours who concluded device was faulty and authorised a replacement.

On 8th Jan picked up replacement, and experienced exactly the same problem.

I then tried to connect the device to 2 other different windows PCs with exactly the same problem.
    Spoke to TT support for another 2 hours who concluded they could not resolve the problem. They have raised my problem to level 2 support, but surely with 4 PC's and 2 devices the problem must be fairly fundamental.

I have been trawling the net and yes
    1) I have tried it in every port
    2) I have reset the device (soft and hard) several times
    3) I have updated every single driver on my pc
    4) I have completely unistalled my Kaspersky 2010 Internet Secuirty and tried to then install it

And none of these have made any difference

SURELY TT support can provide us with the drivers as obviously the device won't install them properly on its own ??

Am I missing something or can someone please help ??

Not a good start to my dealing with TT

lutontown, Jan 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. lutontown

stumpy87

TomTom Model(s):
    750 Go Live
    Hi there,
    Not a current windows user (changed to mac 12 mths ago) but lets see what we can do. I will stick with XP as I haven't used Win7 and Vista is similar in features. Was TomTom home installed before you plugged the device in? Windows (and Mac) pick the device up as an external memory device so shouldn't need anything special installed in terms of drivers. I would recommend rolling back windows (XP) using system restore, to a point before you plugged your TT in. Then, download and install TT Home software. Rolling back may remove any driver errors and should allow a fresh recognition of your TT. Once you have rolled back and installed TT home, plug your device in. I have found on my imac that other external drives seem to confuse TomTom home so make sure only your TT is plugged in and don't plug anything else in whilst your TT is connected.

Let me know the results and we might be able to help further if needed!

Cheers
    Ollie

stumpy87, Jan 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question