GO LIVE 750 - car and phone integration

So I got the GO LIVE 750 - seems good.

My car has bluetooth and a line-in. I have an iPhone. I can use the bluetooth in the car to make and receive calls and play music from the iPhone or use the line-in to do so. Obviously I can connect the iPhone to the 750 to make and receive calls. I was thinking that the best way of doing things would be to connect the iPhone to the 750 by bluetooth and then connect the cable output of the iPhone to the line-in for music? Ideally I wanted to just connect by bluetooth to the 750 and then have a line-out to the car audio to route everything through the speakers, but the TomTom site says that the dock with the line-out is not compatible. Confusing matters is that the speaker preferences menu has an option for 'line-out (audio cable)' - what is that option for if there is no option stated on the site as being compatible??

Help and advice would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum, you can use the accessory dock with the audio line out connector for the Navigation voices BUT it won't route the handsfree call through the line-out socket, instead this will play from the TomTom's own built in speaker and this cannot be changed.
I would consider the TomTom app for your iPhone and sell the 750 to be honest and connect the iPhone to the car using Bluetooth as that will do everything you want unless third party custom POI files are needed - Mike

Thanks for the reply.

It was bought for my wife and she insisted that she wanted another device to carry around instead of the iPhone app and car adapter. Ok, those weren't her exact words. ;) No idea why but there you go.

So I guess she might as well use the iPhone with the car and put up with Susan (or whatever her name is) interrupting matters sometimes. If there are any other reasonable ways of getting everything playing nicely together then please let me know.

Ask a Question