Go Classic maps lack any detail for Spain

TomTom Model(s)
Go
Go Classic software is saying model 300/400
Device is AK355
Maps Iberia V398 (old eh)

I have been given this, so have updated software to latest version and selected Spain as home and downloaded English voice instead of French one that was on it.

Any way there is a complete lack of detail on smaller towns. If I download new maps will they contain door to door information or this because the unit is probably French and now its in Spain it cant show detailed maps. Spain is a bit like this.

Thanks any one got a clue

Wow - a true antique! Let's be 100% clear, though. A "GO Classic" will have a serial starting with B1. A "GO 300" will usually have a serial starting with M1. Not that there's a heck of a lot of difference, though.

Neither device contains any flash memory of its own, and so map data is relegated to space available on the SD card. The original card for the Classic was 256MB, and the card for the 300 was 1GB. That said, either should be plenty if you're only looking for Iberia maps.

Any Iberia map that you receive now will have full street detail. Are you looking to install ONLY that region on this unit?

Thanks for your quick reply, and you are right the serial no is starting B1
It calls itself a Go on the info screen and Go Classic on the PC link.

I have a 1gig card with all the maps on there.
Yes Spain is all I really need now, but I wonder if this is because the unit is from France (I think) and its now in Spain

Thanks again

If there are separate maps on the unit (not some version of Western Europe), then I assume you have used "Switch map" from the settings menu to be sure you are set to Spain?

Yup I have switched to Spain maps. As I say I am happy to download new maps as long as they actually show street detail.
I am going to try the technical section. Thanks every one

As Arno noted for you there, you can see the detail level in Spain now (less about 3 months) at the TomTom site where we make corrections to maps. Follow his link.

Ask a Question