Go 950 live will not start up

TomTom Model(s)
Go 959 Live
Good morning all
I have the above model SatNav and last week while driving the unit decided to switch off and reboot it self, but it keeps looping.
I will get the TomTom logo come up and then the yellow bar moves from left to right along the bottom of the screen and the logo then appears again and then just keeps looping.

I have done back up etc but it still does exactly the same thing over and over again.
I can operate my TomTom while connected to TomTom home, setting a destination etc and all works fine,then I disconnect it and it does the same looping again. I cannot do a factory reset from TomTom home because the button is greyed out.
I have contacted a reputable TomTom repairer stating my problem and have had a reply asking for £55 to replace parts inside the unit, I believe it is only a file which is either corrupt or missing.
Can anyone help?
Cheers

Good morning all
I have the above model SatNav and last week while driving the unit decided to switch off and reboot it self, but it keeps looping.
I will get the TomTom logo come up and then the yellow bar moves from left to right along the bottom of the screen and the logo then appears again and then just keeps looping.

I have done back up etc but it still does exactly the same thing over and over again.
I can operate my TomTom while connected to TomTom home, setting a destination etc and all works fine,then I disconnect it and it does the same looping again. I cannot do a factory reset from TomTom home because the button is greyed out.
I have contacted a reputable TomTom repairer stating my problem and have had a reply asking for £55 to replace parts inside the unit, I believe it is only a file which is either corrupt or missing.
Can anyone help?
Cheers
After a couple of hours I have managed to get it sorted, by not using TomTom home and using my PC I did a disc check and it said there were errors on the drive, I then repaired those and deleted everything and then installed the map again and it now starts up ok.

Ask a Question