Go 950 Live - 4GB

I'm new to Tom Tom.

I currently use my Go 950 Live in the UK, but plan to travel to the USA in September. Will my USA map automatically load when I switch my Tom Tom on in the USA or do I have to follow some additional instructions?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
:)

I remember when I took my 540 WTE to Italy a year ago, I think the unit said something like the location I was in (Italy) wouldn't work with the current (I still had NA selected) map. Do I want to switch maps?

So, I assume your unit may do the same when you come to North America. If not, it's just a case of Manage maps-->switch map and select USA_Canada (or North_America, depending upon what map you have installed).

When you DO switch maps in North America, be prepared for the gps signal to take some time to figure out where it is. So, for example, if you're getting a hire car at the airport, try to find time to be in an open area for 10 minutes or so with the unit in a stationary position so that the signal can be captured and your position to show on the NA map.

Go 950 Live

Hi,

Thank you for the helpful suggestions. I guess my device will pick up the change of Country when I land in the USA. Thank you for the tip that it might take several minutes to pick up the sat!:)

Ask a Question