GO 930 Text to Voice

AGB

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540S WTE
My Text to Voice function works fine for USA maps (I bought the device here in the USA), but when I'm in France her attempts at French language are awful! I've downloaded some better French voices, but of course these are not computer generated and can't do Text to Voice.

Is there a way of getting a French computer generated voice that speaks proper French when the Western Europe map set is chosen?

AGB

Get the "official" French voice from TomTom Home.

untitled-2.jpg

Chilly is right
When using HOME, go to the 'Add maps, voices' icon.
Go to the third page I believe and locate the 'Computer Voices' icon.
There you will find the voice that Chilly just showed.

My Text to Voice function works fine for USA maps (I bought the device here in the USA), but when I'm in France her attempts at French language are awful! I've downloaded some better French voices, but of course these are not computer generated and can't do Text to Voice.

Is there a way of getting a French computer generated voice that speaks proper French when the Western Europe map set is chosen?

AGB

I do believe so.....

In Home, Add maps/traffic/voices-->now arrow right 2 screens to computer voices. The default ones will show (2 Eng_US, and 2 Eng_UK) but you can change the view setting to 'all' and you'll see 2 French computer voices, 1m and 1f.

I do believe so.....

In Home, Add maps/traffic/voices-->now arrow right 2 screens to computer voices. The default ones will show (2 Eng_US, and 2 Eng_UK) but you can change the view setting to 'all' and you'll see 2 French computer voices, 1m and 1f.

Many thanks to all - I'd missed that there was a separate screen just for "Computer Voices" on p. 3, and was using the simple "Voices" option that is on p.1. You'd have thought those 2 options should either be closer together, or set as 2 options on a single root menu....

AGB

Related question - having now got my two French computer voices working, is there a way of Deleting some of the voices on my TomTom? I've got way too many choices (having experimented with assorted other French ones), and would like to clear up the screens a bit. But I see no Delete option......

Related question - having now got my two French computer voices working, is there a way of Deleting some of the voices on my TomTom? I've got way too many choices (having experimented with assorted other French ones), and would like to clear up the screens a bit. But I see no Delete option......

Page 2 of Home.....Remove items from my Go........Next screen lists items including Voices. Expand that and select the ones you want deleted.

Page 2 of Home.....Remove items from my Go........Next screen lists items including Voices. Expand that and select the ones you want deleted.

Thanks again - I was trying to do the removal on TomTom itself, not on the TomTom Home interface..... All is now well!

AGB

Ask a Question