Go 930 Glitch

I wouldn't bring this up except it's happened to me twice now in the 9 or 10 days I've had the device. My normal habit when I get to my destination is to clear the route then turn it off and either take it with me or stash it away in the car. Well twice now when I've turned it back on after returning to my car and setting another destination there has been no spoken directions - Susan was silent! On the first occasion the device also did not detect the traffic receiver, everything else appeared normally. Again today that happened, the unit detected the traffic receiver but no voice. Both times I was initially unaware of the problem until I was already driving away which is a major pain because the only solution is to pull over and do a pin reset. Once that's done everything comes back correctly. The route gets reconfigured from the current location immediately and you can be off again.

I tried going to voice preferences and selecting a voice and tapping "test" but nothing happens, switching to another voice also does nothing. This could be considered trivial but twice in this short a time is not really acceptable. If any others start seeing this I'll call in to TT support to make sure they are aware of it.
John

I wouldn't bring this up except it's happened to me twice now in the 9 or 10 days I've had the device. My normal habit when I get to my destination is to clear the route then turn it off and either take it with me or stash it away in the car. Well twice now when I've turned it back on after returning to my car and setting another destination there has been no spoken directions - Susan was silent! On the first occasion the device also did not detect the traffic receiver, everything else appeared normally. Again today that happened, the unit detected the traffic receiver but no voice. Both times I was initially unaware of the problem until I was already driving away which is a major pain because the only solution is to pull over and do a pin reset. Once that's done everything comes back correctly. The route gets reconfigured from the current location immediately and you can be off again.

I tried going to voice preferences and selecting a voice and tapping "test" but nothing happens, switching to another voice also does nothing. This could be considered trivial but twice in this short a time is not really acceptable. If any others start seeing this I'll call in to TT support to make sure they are aware of it.
John

I agree with Pedro's suggestions...

Also, have you noticed any issues with the V8 operating system and using any 3rd part applications yet? Just curious how much TomTom modified the O/S to limit 3rd party programs even further.

I agree with Pedro's suggestions...

Also, have you noticed any issues with the V8 operating system and using any 3rd part applications yet? Just curious how much TomTom modified the O/S to limit 3rd party programs even further.
Haven't used any 3rd party applications and the only issue I've had was the loss of voice until a reset. Haven't tried the clear flash tool, I wonder if I'd want to use this on my mac. By the way I updated to the new NA map 8.05 and they honored the 30 day guarantee.
John

I updated to the new NA map 8.05 and they honored the 30 day guarantee

How do you go about getting the new maps? I purchased my 930 on 5-13-08 and it does not show up as being available in Home, but their is a link to buy.
Is their something I have to do in order to get it? When I go tools "latest map guarantee" it says "The latest map guarantee does not apply to the map that is currently installed on your TomTom device." which is 800.1727

Last edited:
Yes, I just went through this with my 920...

Scan your receipt and map guarantee card.

Create an account at www.tomtom.com

Call TomTom support.... they will open a ticket which you will find in your "my questions" section of support.

Update the question by attaching the receipt and guarantee card.

Stay on the phone during this process.

Support agent will open docs to verify... they will then place the maps in your TThome account, for free...

Hope this helps...

Blair

I don't have one!
Only some of the 920s had that coupon in the box, mine did and it is for one year but they no longer run that promotion and you don't need a coupon just the sales receipt. With the 930 you have 30 days from the time you first activate it through TT Home to get the new map. So call in to tech support on the 800 number, give them the device code on the unit and get them to give you a reference number. Then you can scan in the receipt or fax it which I did. You can then either call back in to confirm their receipt or go through the message/email route indicating the reference number you were given and they will put the map in your TT Home account for download.
John

TomTom GO 930 Garbled Speech

Has anyone had random garbled speech on their TomTom GO 930? I just purchased this device, synced it with TT Home and after several days of use both Dave and Susan (computer generated) go garbled after a few minutes of use.

HELP!

Bryan

I just bought a 730 and we checked through several of the new ones and there is NO map guarantee card, so you have to call then, jump afew hoops, fax the receipt to them and call back 24 hours to presumably get the new map.
Just plain red tape delays, they should just record your serial number and let you download the blamed thing! My first 730 started acting up, would not power up, did numerous reboots and so I took it back and am on my second unit.

Last edited:

Ask a Question