Go 930 cannot find European Map

I just bought a Go 930, installed Tom Tom Home, and updated the device device. It showed that it downloaded North American and European maps at no cost. Later, I was exploring the device and/or Tom Tom Home, and I cant remember what I was doing but suddenly it looked like there were no maps on the devise. It has been a couple of days since this all happened so my memory is not clear - but I think I went back through Tom Tom Home to get updates which were downloaded - but now I have only the North American Map and no European map. I do find a zip folder with the European map on my PC hard drive in the Tom Tom folder. When I look at Manage Device on Tom Tom Home it shows the device memory almost full - and it shows that the device has the European map. When I go to the device preferences, and click on manage maps - it shows only the North Amercian map. Any ideas?

Is it possible that new customers only get one free download of Europe - and becaus I "lost both maps and re-downloaded that it will not re-download Europe a 2nd time. If so, is there a way to install it to the device from the Tom Tom file on my PC?

Thanks

Last edited:
It sounds as if the European map may not have gotten installed properly. Use Explorer to look at the contents of the zipped map folder on your computer. Within that main compressed file, you should be an activation.cab file. Extract the meta.dct file from there and put it in the specific European folder on the unit.

Does the unit 'see' the map now under Manage maps?

I would also suggest you consider getting the device an SD or SDHC type memory card as these devices will not hold the full European and North American maps due to the ammount of storage space on the device, memory cards are cheap and will make life much easier for you to load both maps at the same time - The device can work with cards up to and including 32GB in capacity - Mike

Ask a Question