Go 920 finds no Sats

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go920
Hi Guys,
Have a Go 920 that's not been in use for a few weeks. On Thursday last week I downloaded the latest GPS Quick fix data and on Friday set out on a two hour drive. Plugged it in and it told me I was in the centre of Landon and it had a poor GPS fix. Switched over to the sat display - no sats and the Yellow and Black disk was not turning.
Two hours later I'm in Coventry and the situation is unchanged. Reset it, powered down and left it to today, powered it back up and drove home - still no sats.

Anyone any suggestions?

Ian_B

Last edited:
If the yellow/ Blue disk isn't spinning on the GPS status screen it would suggest the GPS aerial has packed up, this isn't really something that can be repaired easily - Mike

Thanks for that,
Is there any alternative to sending it off to TomTom Service?
Regards
Ian_B
As you happen to live in the UK, yes. There are actually a couple of independent repair services there. Wish we had a few here in the U.S. I haven't looked in some months, so perhaps Mike can steer you to 'who's current' over that way since he's from the UK, too.

As you happen to live in the UK, yes. There are actually a couple of independent repair services there. Wish we had a few here in the U.S. I haven't looked in some months, so perhaps Mike can steer you to 'who's current' over that way since he's from the UK, too.

Will I do? :wave:

There are a few repairers that advertise in the UK, three off the top of my head are:

SatNavRepairService
SatNav-Shop Repairs
FoneFunShop Repairs

I don't have any personal experience of any of them, but the first two have several mentions on the UK forums from satisfied customers, if you do a search for "repair" in one of them.

Hope that helps!
Andy

Ask a Question