Go 920 and Text/SMS Messages w/ ATT V3xx

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 920
Hello everyone,
I was able to get my ATT Motorola V3xx connected via Bluetooth for handsfree and wireless data. But the text messaging part isn't working. I looked at the TOMTOM website, and it said it's not supported, but it also says copying of the phonebook isn't supported, and it worked.

Has anyone else been able to get the text messaging part to work with a Go 920 and an ATT Motorola V3xx?

What kills me is that the OLDER Motorola V3, the one that the V3xx replaced supports all functions. Looks like the newer models would before the older models...

What did you do to get it working? I just got bluetooth working on my 720 for hands free calling and it works perfectly but my device won't receive text messages, although I only tried twice though. :confused:

Come to find out, it won't read messages already on your phone. It has to be connected via Bluetooth at the time the text message comes in. However I still have yet to figure out how to create one from the GO920.

Did you make sure your phone is fully compatiable?

Come to find out, it won't read messages already on your phone. It has to be connected via Bluetooth at the time the text message comes in. However I still have yet to figure out how to create one from the GO920.

Did you make sure your phone is fully compatiable?

I don't see it in the list but when the TomTom told me my available phone features it showed a BUNCH of them. I would have to say all of them showed up.

Whoops.. stupid me didn't test SMS on my current motorola W490 yet phone yet. The time I tested it was on my uncle's 8820 blackberry. I'll report back with results in a few minutes

Edit : I tried sending a text to my Motorola W490 and it worked! I did NOT know that the TomTom would immediately start reading the damn message out loud. It's late (3:35 AM) and had the volume on the TomTom very high, and in the text message (that I sent to myself) I wrote a bunch of random curse words. The TomTom started reading out the number the message was from, and then computer voice "Susan" starts reading out all these damn curse words.

I'm guessing your screen looks like this? Only able to read messages but not reply? And for whatever reason, the TomTom looks at my phone as a "Motorkola"

DSCN1084.jpg

DSCN1087.jpg

^^^^^When I tap "Reply to message" that's the message I get^^^^^

So it turns out I can receive messages but can't reply to them, WTF!??! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sage, it's really good you take the time to get screenshots, post them to a site like photobucket and then link them here. I know it takes time to do it ...

But, is it possible next time to reduce the size of the photo somewhat before linking?

Thanks.

Sage, it's really good you take the time to get screenshots, post them to a site like photobucket and then link them here. I know it takes time to do it ...

But, is it possible next time to reduce the size of the photo somewhat before linking?

Thanks.

Okie :)

textwrrorrr.jpg

Ask a Question