GO 910 wont stay on

My GO 910 wont stay turned on. The green light on the +12v car charger comes on and the green light on the actual unit stays on. It will stay on for 3 or four minutes and then shut down. If I restart it after that it shuts down after a few seconds. Ive tried charging on the cradle/resetting it. Usually that does the trick when it starts acting up. Yesterday I couldnt get it to power up at all. Ideas anyone? I never use it unless it is plugged into a power supply.

You may want to contact Support on this. Your battery maybe dead. Your unit is under warranty and they should help you out.
I had to send my 910 once and they gave me a replacement. They were fast sending the replacement.

Wish I could help, but it seems like you may have a dead battery that needs to be replaced. However, if you are the original owner and you purchased it less then 24 months ago, it may be covered by the two year guarantee 910's came with.

The battery is not excluded from coverage (but "normal wear and tear" is...), so if you call support, see if they will honor it with an offer to replace the battery. It could get down to the definition of "normal wear and tear" though.

However, if you are the original owner and you purchased it less then 24 months ago, it may be covered by the two year guarantee 910's came with.

I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, support wouldn't take my 910 back without the original receipt. I bought the until in Dec' 06 and can't find the paperwork. Any suggestions?

The only thing I can think of is, if bought by a credit card, to call the cc company and see if you can get a copy of the statement for January 07 (I guess that's when the purchase was showing) and see if that will suffice.

With the reference number on the statement, contact the store you bought the unit in and see if they can cross-match the reference number with a copy of the invoice on file. If so, get a copy that way.

Seems a hassle, I know............

You know what's funny. Right after I posted that reply, I did a search on my old computer at work and found the original invoice. Seems like it's going to be a good day. Thanks!:D

Im thinking that its either the battery or my car charger. I charged it on the pedestal for a good 2-3 hours yesterday and drove around for a grand total lf maybe 1.5 hrs. After about the first hour the little battery icon in the lower right corner came on and blinked at me. It seems like it will charge on the pedastal but not on the car charger. Weird. I bought mine as a re-furb off Amazon, so would that negate the warranty if it does turn out to be a bad battery?

Were you not using the car charger when driving around? And, if not, why not? If you were, maybe it's the charger at fault, not the battery.

Also, certain things drain the battery faster: bluetooth on, screen brightness, etc. There is a preference for battery saving.

Sounds like your battery is probably OK, but the car docking station for the unit may have a bad contact. This has been a problem with many 910's. I think it is more likely then the car adapter you plug into it, as you see green lights on both it and your 910 when it is connected.

Yeah, thats exactly what its doing. Looks like I may be in the market for a new car charger. D'oh! Ill find a new one and see if it helps. Thanx for the help everybody!

TomTom has the plug in car charger adapter for $9.95, but it sounds like it is the windshield mount, and TT does not list it on their site. You might Google it - worse case, I have seen some on eBay (but be careful there).

You might just see if TT may have one - call and ask. Given all your trouble and all the problems they had with these in the past, they might offer it free - if they have any.

Ask a Question