Go 910 v Start25

TomTom Model(s)
start 25
I have a Go 910 witch has served me very well for years,but I am thinking of buying the Start. 25 mainly for the bigger screen, and because it's a much lighter device.
My question is! Does the Start 25 store routes the same as the itinery file on the 910, as I havnt seen it mentioned in the spec

No, they do not. You can use 3 or 4 (not sure) waypoints when you plan a route but NOT save that route as an itinerary on that model (or any newer model, for that matter).

Hi,

currently it isn't possible to plan itineraries and copy them to the device on any of the newer devices. You'll only be able to plan a route on the device and then add 2 or 3 further waypoints by selecting alternative route -> travel via.

Also the Start is an entry level device whereas the 910 belonged to a higher range of devices. So I don't know whether all the features will be added for a Start 20 series device at all. I suppose that all features will only be developed for the higher ranges like the VIA series and especially the GO series.

edit: dhn beat me to it again :)

Regards
Lars.

dhn& lupus

Thanks very much for replies,,,think I'll stick with the 10.

Does anyone know how to disable the speed cam warnings as I use the s/ nav in Spain / France where they are now illegal Can't find anything in settings etc

Last edited:
Hi,

you'll have to enter the LIVE services preferences where there should be an option about the speed cameras and to disable them.

Better would even be to delete the relevant speed cam files from your device's memory and to not update that specific speed cam file.

Regards
Lars.

Hi,

you'll have to enter the LIVE services preferences where there should be an option about the speed cameras and to disable them.

Better would even be to delete the relevant speed cam files from your device's memory and to not update that specific speed cam file.

Regards
Lars.

Thanks Lars,,, bit over my head that,,,I don't have live services, only alter preferences and there's no mention of cameras
Bas

To be clear: do you have Preferences==>Services (not LIVE) -->Safety Cameras?

I have manage preferences,,,,,,safety warnings but no mention anywhere of services or cameras,but the fixed camera warning certainly works on the road,,,,I have just looked at TT home on pc,,,,manage my device,looks as though I may be able to delete the cams on there
but havnt got the sat nav with me just now I'll try it later,,,,,,,,,Thanks very much for your interest and help
Bas

Ask a Question