Go 910 use in france

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
How do I make my GO910 legal in France? Simply disabling the speed camera warning does not ake it legal. I'm no PC experrt so if it involves adjusting files etc it needs to be simple!

If necessary, you can use your PC to copy all of the "safety camera" files in your Western Europe map folder to your PC and delete them from your device.

You should find all of them with names starting with Safety_Cam...

Seems a bit of an overkill to remove them all!

The specific files you need to remove for France are as follows:

f you have the "normal" speed camera service, the 3 relevant files are called:
Radar_FR_TomTom.ov2
Radar_FR_TomTom.ov2.dct
Radar_FR_TomTomOv2.ver

But if you have their "premium" service (including mobile cams) the files are called:
Safety_Cam_FR_Premium.ov2
Safety_Cam_FR_Premium.ov2.dct
Safety_Cam_FR_PremiumOv2.ver

You MAY have both sets.

All of them should be found in the "Western Europe" map folder (or whatever similar name yours is called), but if you're really paranoid, check any other maps you have installed too, as TT Home has a tendency to splash them around EVERYWHERE.
Several times, I've found all the UK and European camera files in my North America map folder as well.

Sat navs in France

Thanks Andy_P & canderson. That worked OK - French camera alerts disabled. There is real confusion here - some people say disabling them is OK, others that you cannot even have a satnav in the car if it is capable of these warnings - even if turned off or they are disabled. Other saying that the warnings are not of cameras but of their locations! Let's see what happens if I get stopped!!

I doubt you'll have any trouble, and while the vocabulary would be interesting, you're in a position to make the case that you've complied with the letter of the law. In its current state, your device is wholly incapable of providing you with any warning of their revenue enhancement devices.

You should see what they did for the later models of that unit (920 and beyond). TomTom came up with 'danger zones'. Without being explicit about the nature of the danger, they provide information about an 'area' within which one needs to pay particular attention. Legally, it's good. In practice, it's quite funny.

Ask a Question