Go 910 loquendoTTS

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910
Hi,new member Monabill here,any help will be much appreciated.
I have a Go 910 with a problem with the LoquendoTTS folder,i understand the folder should contain files of approx 4Gb,i find my folder shows 179Mb only,so i cannot get computer voices to work,is there a way of obtaining the complete folder to repair the problem.Would a map update restore the missing files.

Thank you in anticipation.

Hi Monabill and welcome to TTF's!

My LoquendoTTS folder only contains 102 MB of data and it works fine. I suspect that the 4GB size wouldn't be just for the Loquendo folder but the ENTIRE TomTom contents (depending on which maps you have installed).

Someone who is more familiar with your particular model should be along shortly. In the meantime:

Have you made any changes to the 910 recently? Updates? Are you the original owner? Probably most importantly, have you ever made a backup of the TomTom using Windows Explorer?

Thank you very much,tried deleting loose files and re-installed app. using Home but still no computer voices. Files in loquendoTTS are Bin,Data,Lib,default7 session,LicenceCode7.txt.
Thank you,someone said copy someone elses loquendoTTS files from a 910 but i dont know of anyone who has one.Is there any way i can get this file from TomTom to download.
Thanks again.
Bill

default7 and LicenseCode7?
OK - I'm going to go out on a somewhat short limb here and suggest that you do not have have correct Loquendo set for a 910. I don't think that version 7 is correct for that model. I would have expected version 6.9 (with a slightly different set of files and folders as well). We need someone else with a 910 to confirm this.

When you reinstalled the application, what firmware version did you wind up with?

Do you by chance have an older backup of your entire unit on your PC?

I'd toss you a copy of a 6.9 set, but they're for the U.S., and would cause issues.

Those are both V7 voices, dhn. Do you have any links to the previous version? I'm guessing his firmware is going to require 6.9.

No, don't think so. I grabbed those from the links MikeAlder provided us some time ago.

I'm going to be that the UK set Andy has on his 720 will be 6.9 and suitable for the OP. Will have to wait for Andy to spin around here again.

Thank you guys,your assistance is most appreciated.see below version.
Device AKVAN AJBQE
App 7.903(9183/0812050 OS:2344
61 Mb RAM
GPS v1.21 Boot4.8600
Map UK and Rep Ireland v860.3100

All working perfectly except computer voices.

Again thank you.

App 7.903
I'm pretty certain that this build should be running Loquendo 6.9. Guess we'll have to be patient and wait for Andy to look at his 720. FWIW, my old 720 also runs Loquendo 6.9. Problem is, my voice files (not just the sound, but certain other location info) won't be right for the UK, or I'd try to batch them up for you. The whole folder (of our version) is 46.3MB, and it only zips down to about 42.9MB, so we'd have to split it up to get it to you.

OK, I have backups of my Go720 going back to "day one" (Navcore v7.000 and v705 WE map)
I don't actually have any backups for it when running v7.903, I go from v7.481 to v8.300

The LoquendoTTS folder for the "day one" backup is 47.0 MB (49,286,450 bytes) according to Windows, and here is it's structure:

LoquendoTTS.jpg

...or as text (folders in bold):
LoquendoTTS
default.session 740
EnglishGb6.9.lde 591
EnglishTE6.9.lde 405
Kate.vde 576
LicenseCode.txt 44
ttsmp120.ogg 12,457
......EnglishGb
............EnglishGb6.9.atm 697,503
............EnglishGb6.9.lex 55,479
............EnglishGb6.9.phd 46,513
............roadnr.EnglishGb6.7.lex 5,969
............roadnrAUS.EnglishGb6.7.lex 811
............sms.EnglishGb6.9.lex 6,562
............Kate
..................Kate.16000.loqmsx.bin 38,040,639
..................KateGilded.16000.loqmsx.bin 2,816,568
..................KateTT.16000.loqmsx.bin 2,079,147
..................KateTT.lex 9,708
..................LoqKateGildedSde.so 165,028
..................LoqKateSde.so 2,841,996
..................LoqKateTTSde.so 128,264
......EnglishTE
............EnglishTE6.9.atm 715,632
............EnglishTE6.9.lex 42,978
............EnglishTE6.9.phd 13,640
......lib
............LoqAudioBoard.so 10,824
............LoqEnglish6.9.so 479,960
............loqMSX.so 391,556
............LoqTTS6.so 722,860

@monabill I'm happy to zip it up and send it via a file transfer site if you want it. Reply here and I will PM you with the access details once I've done it.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,everything sorted,thanks to Andy for arranging LoquendoTTS files to be downloaded by me,installed same and all working perfect.Again many thanks to all for the assistance given.

Bill:)

Excellent news Bill.

I've just PMed you again as I sent you the very first backup I had for that device.

By the time I made the next one, I had installed the male TTS voice Simon too.

Now what I'd like to understand is how Bill wound up with a v7 Loquendo voice to begin with, and how when he reloaded the firmware from scratch with Home, he wound up with one again!

Bill - be sure to hang onto that 6.9 set that we had Andy send you. Further to that, I doubt there will ever be a firmware update or new voice added to your 910 unit. If one is ever offered to you, please check in here before allowing it to be installed!

Hi Guys,Andy sent his backup of LoquendoTTS folder with both voices (Kate and Simon),downloaded and installed,910 now works perfectly with both computer voices,cant thank you enough for the help and time taken to sort my problem.

Bill :)

Ask a Question