Go 740 Starts to information screen only

PAA

TomTom Model(s)
go 740
When I rest the go 740 it does the drum roll then goes past the tom tom logo to the config screen. I noted it states on ther art start up - sleep mode? . It then goes black.

Any advice it won't connect to home.

Sounds as if the power button may be sticking. You sure you're letting go of the button as soon as you see screen activity?

When I put the unit on the car window charger it starts per normal, drum roll blue line, disk etc. goes to wallpaper and freezes. On the computer dock, goes to black screen with data, does not recognuize it on the PC

Perhaps someone else may pop in here to assist. I don't know what to suggest if neither the computer or Home recognizes the unit.

Try using a different usb port on the computer, one on the back.

Hi,

you may also try connecting the device to the computer whith the device turned off. Then connect the device to your computer using a soft reset (I don't know that device. If it has no reset hole the soft reset is done by pressing and holding the power button until you hear the drum roll which takes approx. 15 seconds). Also use a USB port directly on your computer and no USB hub. If that still doesn't help you may try another USB cable as well if you've got another one fitting in the devices connection port.

Regards
Lars.

When I put the unit on the car window charger it starts per normal, drum roll blue line, disk etc. goes to wallpaper and freezes. On the computer dock, goes to black screen with data, does not recognuize it on the PC
First, I sorta like dhn's idea. If your unit won't connect to Home, it's way out in left field, but if it's resetting all the way to the black and white text diag screen, I don't think Home will see it at all.

Now, you said something else in the post above that is very troublesome. You said "..starts per normal, drum roll blue line.." and that is NOT a normal start up. That's what you see after a unit reboots itself or has been manually rebooted, still a possible indication that the button has stuck down long enough to force a reboot instead of a normal power-on cycle.

Further evaluation of situation. - the unit can be soft reset starts to the wallpaper screen - gets brighter and locks or shuts off. On multiple computers, with Tomtom Home 2 it will not connect as it has frozen at the wallpaper screen. Can I force to open?

Ask a Question