GO 740 Live No Maps Found after update

I haven't used my TomTom in a couple of months, and when I plugged it in this morning before a trip, it found updates. After the updates, I now have this problem where it says "No Maps Found". I look in Finder and see the TomTom HD and the Memory card, both with data. I see the maps on the card as well.

Then, I deleted everything off the internal memory, then plugged in, restored the TomTom App. I had to put the North America 2GB onto the memory card, as the internal memory is oddly too small for any maps or anything. Then, I went to do updates and it's saying it will be 3 hrs plus to update the North America 2GB

HELP. Not sure what's going on.

Thanks.

I had to put the North America 2GB onto the memory card, as the internal memory is oddly too small for any maps or anything.
And there's your clue. For whatever reason, Apple chooses to keep a local trash can on USB plugged storage devices. So if you delete something, it continues to occupy space on the device. Dumb. You'll want to research the tools that are available for avoiding this, but for the moment, you'll need to begin by dumping the trash can on your unit to get rid of the "dot" files and start again. The good news is that you probably already have the full NA map waiting for you on your hard drive and won't have to download it yet again.

Once you've cleaned out the trash, evaluate the amount of memory Finder is reporting as available on the internal and we can start again.

Ask a Question