Go 730 Power Setting - Screen Dim does not work

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730, XL IQ Routes Edition, VIA 1605
I have a GO 730 with the current (new) navcore software, just installed. This is not a new problem, but I always set the power settings to dim the screen between instructions to save battery power. Except for a brief period a couple of years ago, this has NEVER worked! The screen stays lit even when the next instruction is 50 or 60 miles away (and yes, this is often the case in the Western US) and Susie won't have anything to say for an hour or more.

This is about the only feature on this great unit that steadfastly refuses to work. Am I doing something wrong or is this simply a useless feature?

What is the brightness setting on the unit under normal conditions?

About 65% daytime, 10% night. Whatever the default setting is, I never changed it.

And as if on cue, the dimming between instructions feature is now working, but only when the unit is operating on internal battery and it was unplugged when you turned it on. That's fine as it is internal battery power you're trying to preserve.

I guess sometimes you just have to complain about something and it fixes itself. :lol:

I always set the power settings to dim the screen between instructions to save battery power.
That's fine as it is internal battery power you're trying to preserve.
That feature ("Dim screen between instructions") is only supposed to work when on battery power. If connected to external power, it should be ignored.

Are you expecting it to work when connected to external power?

Ask a Question