GO 730 ghost tapping issues

It was around there, with me using the car, for a week, face down. Autumn here in BR, so mild temperatures between 28/18c.

But this was not the first failure... this was the one that got me changing the 1st protector for the 2nd and opening the unit for the first time. I count this one as a lot of debris under the bezel collected from licking the floor mat.

I was in Los Angeles now and it started acting again. Got a Zagg screen protector and this specific brand (the wet ones) made the problem worse.

Now I have fixed the problem for good. Got me a Garmin while I was there. I was going for a new TomTom untill I found out I'd have to buy new maps. So let's give the monyes to Garmin instead.

Man, these things really stink. I got a great deal on one, and within a week I had the ghost tapping issue. Called Tom Tom support and they sent me out a refurbished one. Used it for a couple of weeks, and then it too started with the ghost tapping issue. I give up.....:(:rant:

Yes to GARMIN

I was in Los Angeles now and it started acting again. Got a Zagg screen protector and this specific brand (the wet ones) made the problem worse.

Now I have fixed the problem for good. Got me a Garmin while I was there. I was going for a new TomTom untill I found out I'd have to buy new maps. So let's give the monyes to Garmin instead.
I agree

GARMIN here I come.

Ask a Question