GO 730 Ghost Seaching!

Post #1 new to the thread, hello Tom Tom friends.......now to the heart of the matter!!!

My GO730 started searching on its on one morning, I thought it was someone hacked into my TomTom.....I turned it off, reset it, played with all my settings to see if something was wrong, then finally threw in a drawer.

After all of this I gave it a rest for a month and tried it again, once again the ghost from Christmas past started seaching for the police. Itwould never change the destination and continued giving directions to my destination of choice. It would lnot let me view the screen and kept going to the ghosts screen for me to get directions to.....

All of this started after an update, Did i possibly get a bug? How do I fix it? I cant really even use it like this......

The first thing to check is whether there is dirt under the bezel. Run the sharp edge of a business card slowly around the complete perimeter of the glass. See if that helps.

Also, take of any screen protector film you might have fitted.

Tried to clean it with the card but it does not seem to help, I don't have any screen protectors on it unless it comes from the factory that way.

I am thinking I need to take it apart and clean it,,,,,any thoughts?

It starts it thing when it gets warm, I had it out of the sun in the truck and it started looking for the places it wants to go to.

What a mess trying to see the map when it is bouncing all over the place.

"Getting warm" is the thing we DIDN'T want to hear....

This has been a really common issue on a couple of the newest models, but it's not been common on the trusty older models like the Go730.

It seems to be that the moulding of the case actually warps slightly in the heat and presses on the edge of the screen.

You could try running it without the screen bezel for a while to see if that helps, then try to work out a more permanent solution.

TBH, I can't remember if the bezel on the x30 models just pops off if you can get a thin finger nail behind it, or if it needs unfastening from behind.

If you need to get the whole case apart, you can use one of the battery change tutorials, such as this one http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=444186#444186
(the x20 and x30 models are near identical hardware).

If I remember correctly it pops off with a thin blade inserted in the front bottom.

Ask a Question