GO 730 current street and direction question

aod

Hey all. I use my 730 at work and just updated the software. I coulda swore the current street you are on was shown twice.....once right below your arrow (above the status bar) and larger on the status bar itself while in the "no route planned" mode and just driving around. Second question being, is there a way to make the direction you are going in (N, S, E, W) larger. I can barely see it. Thanks.

With latest applications, current street name only shows above status bar. Also, no way to change the font size, sorry.

Hey all. I use my 730 at work and just updated the software. I coulda swore the current street you are on was shown twice.....once right below your arrow (above the status bar) and larger on the status bar itself while in the "no route planned" mode and just driving around. Second question being, is there a way to make the direction you are going in (N, S, E, W) larger. I can barely see it. Thanks.

welcome to the forum

Does the XL's run different software programs? I only ask because I bought my girlfriend a XL330S tonight and lo and behold the street you are on is in a block below the status bar like I coulda swore it was on my 730 before the update, and hers is fully up to date also. Is there a way to get this back on my 730? I use it a lot for work and glance at it all the time. Here's a pic of what I mean.

DSCF0096.jpg

Does the XL's run different software programs? I only ask because I bought my girlfriend a XL330S tonight and lo and behold the street you are on is in a block below the status bar like I coulda swore it was on my 730 before the update

The street was moved in application 8.0. You have to downgrade to application 7.x if you want to move the street on your Tomtom. However, when downgrading to application 7.x, you can no longer read version 8xx maps, and you lose IQroutes and Lane Guidance. If you still want the steps, post back and I'll list them for you.

Thanks. I just wanted to visually show what I was talking about. Being a peace officer, it was nice to be able to glance over and see the street you are on in bigger font, especially during pursuits. I was dissapointed when they shrunk the direction you are traveling a while back also. Those were the two main reasons I bought another TomTom. Oh well, guess I can hope they put it back in. Thanks.

Ask a Question