GO 730 bluetooth stops being able to call out with the LG9100

Hello,

The bluetooth hands-free feature on my GO 730 has been working properly until recently, when trying to make a call, it says "phone not connected", even though the phone (an LG9100) is shown on the display as being connected.

I have tried, on the GO730, deleting and then rediscovering the phone and, on the phone side, removing and then rediscovering the GO730. This pairing was successful, but I still can't call out on the GO730. yet I can receive a call on the GO730.
I have also tried resetting and also factory-resetting the GO730, but neither attempts succeeded in fixing the problem. I've also tried the Clear Flash tool.

Please help. I need the hands-free-calling to work. Thank you.

I just had a similar situation with my GO 740 and ended up doing a soft reset after going down the same path you did and everything is functioning like it should.

Fortunate for you that a soft reset solved your problem. But it doesn't for me. I can't call out from the TomTom, but I can receive calls.

Try the app downgrade here.

Thanks for the suggestion. Although the solution is not for the problem I have, I tried it, anyway, just to see what happens, downgrading to 8.305 from 8.351. But, that version still could not dial out, but could answer calls, so I upgraded back to 8.351.

Do you know what the latest version number for GO730 is, and where it can be downloaded? Thank you.

Do you know what the latest version number for GO730 is, and where it can be downloaded? Thank you.
It's what you've got now - 8.351. Most likely there will not be any additional firmware releases for these units.

It's what you've got now - 8.351. Most likely there will not be any additional firmware releases for these units.

Thanks very much. I won't waste any more time trying to fix my problem. At least I can answer using the GO730, and, even though I can't call out using the Tomtom, once I do call out using my phone, it switches over to the Tomtom to let me talk and listen. So, that's not too inconvenient.

hard to believe this seems such an isolated problem since I have a similar issue and it occurred on my old 720 before the screen going to find-a-site-on-it's-own (2 different 720s) and all 4 GO730s I got for my kids and myself recently. It synchs and then says phone not connected when calling out on my LG phone. I can't believe this is a rare occurrance and there should be a fix or patch by now.

Garmin is looking better and better to me every day.

PS My old GO 510s work but they are pretty bulky.

I believe it was fellow mod mvl who, among other areas, is an expert on all things phone related who has noted the LG brands of phones are among the most poorly supported by TomTom..

While that brand is not common in Europe, it is in North America. mvl has reported this directly to TomTom and hopefully there will be improvement in a future application update someday.

Ask a Question