GO 730 as Hands Free Phone

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535
Recently I am having an occasional problem when using my GO 730 as a hands free phone. I will be in the middle of a conversation and all of a sudden the GO locks up and just makes a loud, repeating tone. I am unable to even turn the unit off and just have to wait a few minutes till it decides to stop on its own. The phone I am connected to is the Samsung Omnia SCH i910. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to have to say this but what you are experiancing is a known issue, there are some tweaks you can try which might offer a short term fix but the issue will return. In the end I gave up using my units for hands free and purchased a dedicated car kit.
You could try making a full back up then format the device, running the clear flash utility on the device at least two or three times then re-install your backup to the device, it might cure the issue for a week or two, but it will return - Mike

this happen to me once. my go 630 started making a loud noise then it reset it self. it never happen again. i guess its another bug ?

app 8.351 has some instability issues with the Bluetooth handsfree feature. For me, it starts saying phone not connected after about 2-3 days, and needs a pin reset. Downgrading to app 8.302 fixes this issue.

I'm not sure if the buzz issue is related, or if it still occurs in app 8.302. For me, I don't use handsfree often, so I just pin reset it as needed (my palm TX pen is perfect size for a pin resetter).

Ask a Question