GO 720 with AT&T Tilt?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Anyone have any luck with pairing a new AT&T Tilt (Windows Mobile 6.0, aka. HTC TyTN II/Kaiser) with a 720? They "saw" each other and it says it can do hands-free calling (haven't tried yet), but so far it won't play ball on the data side (so no traffic, weather, etc.). Ideas? Tomtom support is, so far, unaware of the phone or the problem.

I'm having the same problem. Seems like everyone says it is in the set up. Whether you use wap.cingular or isp.cingular as your access point name and things like that. I've got no clue really. I can get my address book from the tilt to the tomtom no problem. handsfree calling works fine too. no dice with the data yet. anyone want to walk us through this?

I've done it using the setting recommended here for AT&T's network. There was a stretch of time where it would sync and download traffic effortlessly. I changed a few things on my tilt (trying to get more medianet services) and i was constantly having to reconnect with my phone to download recent traffic data. funny thing is, the 720 never had any problems connecting and downloading the gps fix. i'd assume tomtom would rather perfect that portion of it's code, than work out bugs with traffic updates
i've changed some settings on my tilt just today (https://www.wireless.att.com/support/deviceConfig.do?content=KB84444.html) so we'll see what i have to change on the tomtom side to make it work. maybe nothing. but i doubt it. namely, it looks like i've been asked to delete the username/password portion to connect to the AT&T network. We'll see how well that goes. I'll be sure to update.

Anyone have any other luck?

I also have the atnt tilt and i cannot get it to work on my tomtom910.. please let me know what u find out thanks!@!!

I got it working using:

Access Point: wap.cingular
User Name: (e-mail address removed)
Password: CINGULAR1
Dial: *99#
Setup: -leave blank-

but had to play around with the login script. It wouldn't work perfectly, but i could get it to pull traffic most of the time. atleast get an idea of traffic before I left for work.

But does anyone else have better luck? I figured after a few months maybe some have made some inroads. It definately can be done though.

Ask a Question