go 720 maps 1.9/1.7 GB

TomTom Model(s)
hey friends,
i am trying to use the latest map guarantee that came with the go 720 and it says the latest map is 710(size 1.7GB).i donwloaded it to my computer and installed it on 720.
i was reading another post here and it says that the latest GO 720 maps are 1.9GB. how did you guys get to download a bigger map? i dont see it in tomtom home! it shows up only a 1.7GB version.

hey friends,
i am trying to use the latest map guarantee that came with the go 720 and it says the latest map is 710(size 1.7GB).i donwloaded it to my computer and installed it on 720.
i was reading another post here and it says that the latest GO 720 maps are 1.9GB. how did you guys get to download a bigger map? i dont see it in tomtom home! it shows up only a 1.7GB version.

My update was 1.7GB.

i got the 1.9g update

My 30 days were over so i wrote to tomtom and complaint cause it was 36days when i discover that feature

so the send me the 1.9g throught home when i was checking update... i had to installed it on a SD card cause the maps wouldnt fit my internal memory

after having it installed it said that the maps take 1.5 or 1.6g on my SD card

strange, anyway i also got the VR working on that map

i got the 1.9g update

My 30 days were over so i wrote to tomtom and complaint cause it was 36days when i discover that feature

so the send me the 1.9g throught home when i was checking update... i had to installed it on a SD card cause the maps wouldnt fit my internal memory

after having it installed it said that the maps take 1.5 or 1.6g on my SD card

strange, anyway i also got the VR working on that map

I am on the phone with TomTom CS now, and lets find out... ;)

update: still on hold, the tech said they are all the same, just different comp read it differently?? I said theres around few hundred mb diff between versions... so now I am on hold again ??? I dont think he knows whats going on yet?? Stay tune! :rolleyes:

hi sam,
i also tried calling them and it was pretty obvious in 1 minute that he had no idea about what he was talking about! if you are unlucky you will get a tech support like that!
i guess all of us have the v710.15** version.... what dcourteau got is the v 710.1609.... no idea what is going on with tomtom with all the irregularities in these map versions... and their US website for maps has been down for a long time now.
guess an update is due very soon;)

Last edited:
the guy just keep telling me I have the same version that he has however what he has now is 710.17xx even newer and he said its the same. No diff than I asked him why the extension is diff he just keep telling me its the same. Sorry guys, but I do have to say I am very piss off so far. I ask him since I only have the device for about a week and a half why cant I have the newest version. And he said its the same and now I am on hold again. He is pushing me away from TomTom!

cant really confirm that ... yet, still on hold ... like 15 mins already. What kind of customer support is that?

I've been trying for 2 weeks now to download the new maps.
The process is SLOW....several times it says 40+ HOURS! (I've just cancelled each time after more than a hour..)

Support says that it should not take more than 20 minutes....:(

I've been trying for 2 weeks now to download the new maps.
The process is SLOW....several times it says 40+ HOURS! (I've just cancelled each time after more than a hour..)

Support says that it should not take more than 20 minutes....:(

Took a bit less than 1 hour 15 min to download the whole 1.9g maps on a normal high speed connection

ok got off the phone with the supervisor before I go home. he said I have to call again tomorrow and they have to transfer me to "Level 2" support because he has no idea what I am talking about :confused:

Hi all, new to the thread. Just got my 720 today, had been reading this forum all week, so kinda knew what I needed to start off with. My trouble is this......Have gone to TT and tried to download the new NA map twice now, first time it was normal speed (about 40 mins) and just as it almost finished got an "Internal Server Error", let me clear it out and try again, this time took about 90 mins., same thing, right at end it errors out. Anyone else having this trouble tonite???? What should I do? Keep trying or something different. Thanks alot, this forum looks great!!!

hi style master,
try it more...i had the same problem, but the third time it did download. it is probably because of the huge server demand when so many try to download the stuff placed in their servers. make sure your hard drive has enough space to download it.

OK I finially got to try out the 1,9GB download however I am on my 15th download with 3 diff comp. And I still get the "internal server error" after the download, any idea guys? Thank you.

Ask a Question