GO 720 in a Scion tC

You probably remember me from the post with the 98 Mustang custom doc with aux. Well, I just bought a new tC and since it comes with an mp3 player, I don't need tomtom's player anymore which means no custom dock. This was a really simple install. Just pulled the dash and ran the wire.

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

Thanks Pedro. I had it in my old 98 Mustang (that thread is in "tomtom show-off" somewhere, just look for GO 720 in 98 Mustang) but it didn't look nearly as nice as it does in the tC.

scion tc radio door

I just wanted to offer a tip, if you plan to do this to your Sction TC..... PLEASE make sure to close the door before trying to pull the bezel off!!

1. Did you modify the bezel to allow the cable to come out?

Did you splice the charging cable into the radio power? other power source? or pull it around to plug into the cigarette lighter?

Also, it be a good idea to not leave your TC in neutral at 10:01 AM.....It might roll away!

Last edited:
n00p! no modification. I just bought the car about 2 months ago and I didn't want to drill any holes or anything... here's how it works.

There is a 3-way DC splitter under the driver seat... TONS of room under there. It runs to the power outlet inside the center console. There is also a GLI in the center console with an aux cable attached running to my Sirius receiver. Tomtom's power runs behind the waterfall and under the cupholders/brake. The cable runs from the bottom driver side under the center console under the driver seat.

Ask a Question