GO 720 Cannot say Number 13

Hi All,
New here. If this question has been answered, please redirect me.
My problem is my 720 refuse to pronounce the number 13. For example: 13th Street become 14th Street all the time no matter which town I'm in.
For your info, TT has exchanged my unit twice (well, one of them DOA) under warranty.
I have GO720. Software version 8.351 and map version 830.2284 (1589 MB).-------This map version should be 1589MB or 1665MB????????
Please help since TT Customer service already give up and not willing to help me anymore even my warranty expire in 6 month!!. Last time I talked to them is today at 5:45pm.
Thanks.

What computer voice has been selected and have you tried a different one? I wouldn't thnk a garbled pronounciation is cause to return the unit, there are plenty of poorly pronounced names regardless of the voice selected.

One learns to live with it. The information on the screen is correct.

Primarily I use Susan but I also use the man computer voice and several others, just to see if there are any improvement.
It is not garbling. I can understand that some street name cannot be pronounce as it suppose to be (even me cannot pronounce it sometimes LOL). But this one here is so clear (Thirteen to Fourteen). I'm wondering since I got the smaller content map (1589MB compare to 1665MB) is the issue, maybe some files missing. If this is true, how can I fix it?
By the way, thanks for the reply!

There's a bug in Loquendo 6 (used in the 720) that mispronounces 13th. I think it's actually saying "Thorteenth". This is fixed in Loquendo 7 (used in the 730, and all newer Tomtoms).

Try opening this file in Notepad:
LoquendoTTS\EnglishUs\roadnrAUS.EnglishUS6.8.lex

And add a line:
"13th" = "thirteenth"

This may fix the problem. I'll try it myself when I get a chance to plug in my 720.

plug in the tomtom to your computer and us windows explorer to open up the tomtom drive and then look up the path i mentioned. i checked my 720 and the notepad fix works.

Ask a Question