go 700 need help

Use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the drive letter associated with your TomTom, open the folder named "contacts" and in there are a number of text files that you can open/ edit using NotePad on the computer, if you want to remove all of the contents simply delete the files in the "contents" folder and the device will recreate the files as and when it needs them - Mike

help help help !

deleted and edited my contacts no problem , checked it all ok, next morning nothing ! Total blank screen wont even turn on , only power light comes on ! What went wrong how do i fix it ?

Have you a backup of your unit's contents? It sure sounds as if, by mistake, some files in the root of the unit got deleted.

Try a reset on the unit. If you don't have a dedicated reset hole on the bottom for your model (what is your model anyway?) then hold the power button for about 10-15 seconds.

The Go-700 does have a reset button on the base of the device, (a clue is in the thread title) - If the reset doesn't fix it its still possible to re-install the application to the device using Home or by a manual method - see how it responds to a reset though first - Mike

many thanks

cheers fellas the reset button did the trick ! Its good to know you lot are out there many thanks !

Not quite awake this morning here, Mike.

More Coffee required.....

Glad to hear the reset button worked, on the 700 devices they were/ are so stable in use most owners never find the need to press the reset - Mike

Ask a Question