Go 620

Are you saying the truck sat sav has WiFi functionality? If so, you can add maps using the WiFi.

You've shown us a map of Europe in your link, but I assume you want a TomTom unit that covers that area with 'truck' map service.

The exact model is called the GO 620 Professional. See this link >> https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/truck-sat-nav/products/go-professional-620/
Not only does it give you truck map data (you input various vehicle configuration information so that you're not driving into the wrong areas for height, etc.), it also updates via WiFi as you would like. Take a look at the link.

I already have the Go 620 but want to have truck maps loaded onto it which seems to be my cheapest option. However in my link it says after purchase I need to connect my device to the computer (does seem possible?) so my question again is:- can I download the maps to a SD card and insert into my Go 620 without any problems? £104 is still a lot of money just to try.

You would need the version of the GO620 that has the firmware that allows for input of the parameters for the vehicle and can interpret truck maps. It sounds like you have a normal consumer unit, and that won't include that level of firmware. I'd call tech support to see if there is anything they can do for you to update the 620 you have to the 'Truck' version, but I don't hold out much hope.

Ask a Question