Go 600 US release date?

The WTE edition (US/EU maps) wasn't offered as a Live unit AFAIK. However, the regular US spec 2535 was offered as a Live version (GO 2535M Live). But as noted, they're only available as used units. I see zero new units in the channel currently. Only the GO 1535 Live mentioned earlier is still available as NITB stock, though one wonders how long those will last >>> http://www.amazon.com/TomTom-Blueto.../B005LMWPYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390537749

I have the 2535 live and I'm ready for an upgrade. Just the improved screen touch interface is enough for me. I have a smart phone with an adequate data plan so tethering shouldn't be an issue. I still haven't seen anything on release of new units in US, have any of you?

From what we hear, the selection of routes, POIs and coordinates is faster and easier but, if you look at the screen every so often, your 2535 is much better at this time.

From what we hear, the selection of routes, POIs and coordinates is faster and easier but, if you look at the screen every so often, your 2535 is much better at this time.

The touch function sucks on my 2535. The UI will take some getting used to though.

Has this always been an issue on your 2535, or has it become balky about touch over time?

Unusual -- yes, it's capacitive. It's much more common to hear sensitivity complaints about resistive screens after a few years (or even initially). The 1605 is a resistive screen, but one of the best I've ever run across.

Amazon.com is now taking pre-orders for the USA versions of Go 500 and Go 600. The release date is listed as March 31st but Amazon dates aren't always accurate.

Batten down the hatches, boys. If true, it's going to get really busy around here before long.

Amazon.com is now taking pre-orders for the USA versions of Go 500 and Go 600. The release date is listed as March 31st but Amazon dates aren't always accurate.
If my memory is correct, that matches the date given in a TomTom press release a couple of months ago.

- Tom -

Are you getting the 5000/6000 with internal SIM card over there?

Nope, for reasons outlined in the other thread. TomTom has no immediate interest in dealing with our fragmented cellular system here at present. Like many other manufacturers, I'm sure they're gun shy after the AT&T 2G issue, and they figure we can bring our own connection to the party, assuming that wherever we are, we probably have one. Saves them all kinds of accounting/subscription/connectivity issues with a carrier, too. The issue will be how successfully they've gotten around the 'tethering' issue with each of the carriers. However clever they might be, you know the carriers are always looking for ways to block this feature unless the user pays up first.

I don't see why they couldn't have either used a cdma modem - Verizon will not shut down that network till 2021 and later for machine2machine customers or used a 3G modem.

Perhaps they were unable to come to a deal with Verizon that they could live with. There are any number of technologies they could have used to replace the 2G service, but they chose none of them -- at least for now.

Noted in post #30, above. Let's hope "pre-" means a couple of months while they sort out some better code for NAM.

Ask a Question