GO 550 Western Europe map download problem.

We are going on holiday to Spain, so i thought it would be a good idea to download the Western Europe Map for my TomTom Go 550 so that it would make our holiday a bit easier and relaxing.

I Purchased the map using TomTom HOME, went to update my TomTom...realised i didnt have enough memory so i ordered a MicroSD card. It arrived, i plugged it into the device and then attempted to update my TomTom with the new maps. it had downloaded a significant amount of the file and then i got the message that the tomtom server has timed out.

i have since disabled the firewall, and it still shows the same error. i have tried using a computer running vista (wired connection), and another running windows 7 (wired connection) and another running windows XP (wireless connection), and yet the same error message still appears.

i have reset the TomTom, turned it on and off, tried multiple times. i phoned up the help and he sent me an email about MTU's. mine is set to 1432, which is standard on talktalk routers.

is there a solution? please help. Thanks in advance!

You may have been downloading on a busy time.

Keep on trying repeatedly using "Update my GO" in Tomtom HOME. In that screen, map downloads will retry from where they left off. So you eventually will get the whole file downloaded.

Ask a Question