GO 530 postcode house number prob

hiho

i've had this problem for ages with my GO 530 and attempt to resolve it every now and again with no resolution. i tried tomtom support and they just dont understand the problem.

this is the problem, normally you would do a postcode search and get the following screen, where you can enter a house number... or not, you can just click DONE if you dont know and tomtom takes you best-guess i think which is usually pretty good.

scrhousenumber.gif

but after one of the updates the house number screen changed to this:

searchu.gif

it forces you to type in a house number :confused: and you cannot skip. it will get the right street, but say that street is 10 miles long then i have no chance haha.

since the problem happened ive done postcodes updates (advice from tomtom support), and also bought updated maps.

any ideas or actual solution very welcome :)

Last edited:
If you don't know the number try entering a zero and the device should then put you at the center of the postcode on the correct road.
As for a road being ten miles long with the same postcode for that sort of length, yes they probably do exist out in the country, in this instance if you get the chance to use Google Earth to pin point the location prior to the trip enter the Lat/ Long as the destination rather than the postcode as this will always be more accurate - Mike

:D never though of trying a zero, i'll give that a go tomorrow. :D

the reason it's a problem is that i mostly drive to businesses that dont have house numbers, and the day cannot be planned (apart from first location) on google earth, everything is from tomtom.

i've found that the unit doesn't really care where house number 1 is located, as long as it's on the same road as the original postcode. i just drove 3 miles across a city centre and 2 miles out of the city to get to the place i needed to be on the same road starting from number 1. start is roughly PE3 8xx and the real location was PE6 7xx

i hope the Zero trick works, but i know none of my colleagues have the same issues in their tomtoms, theirs are the same as mine used to be, i wonder if ppl here have the same screen as me? comments welcome :)

Ask a Question