go 520 with no text reader or lane guidance

TomTom Model(s)
go 520
All I need is to revert my Go520 to as it was when I bought it.
I
bought the go520 to be,able for it read ant text messages coming in and for the brillant lane guidance.
both have,stopoed reading texts and one has stopped lane guidance.

please help. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried a pin reset? What application is on your unit?
Yes I have tried a pin reset and it doesn't bring back the lane guidance or the more important, text reading facility. Sorry but I don't understand what you mean about What application is on My Unit. It is a Tomtom go 520 bought as new..Sorry for being so thick, and thank you for your help.

Poke your screen in the far lower right corner (on the satellite bars, if you see them there). That should bring up another screen.

Down above the "Done" button, you should see your firmware number. For example, 8.351 or 9.430.

The application I refer to is the software version on your device. If you tap the bottom right of your status bar, do you see another screen with a version number in a box on the right side? If so, tap that and the next screen should give details about the map and its version (domething like UK_and_ROI with a value after the letter 'v'. But, the second line on that screen should show the app installed on your device. what does it say?

The application I refer to is the software version on your device. If you tap the bottom right of your status bar, do you see another screen with a version number in a box on the right side? If so, tap that and the next screen should give details about the map and its version (something like UK_and_ROI with a value after the letter 'v'. But, the second line on that screen should show the app installed on your device. what does it say?

OK, Tried it on both my aged go520 and the new refurb go 520 and they are both 9.430 which is hardly surprising as I have just ran Tom Tom Home. I am going to borrow my friends Tomtom go520 and see if I can bounce stuff over to one of mine to start with and if successful I will do both.
???

Probably best not to try to clone from one unit to another.
Important question ... do you happen to recall what firmware version you had on your unit before the 9.430 update? No biggie if not, but should you find that 9.430 is causing you problems, there are "cleaner" ways to revert to older versions.

Let's first see what's up with yours at 9.430.

From the main screen...
Tap center somewhere
Right arrow
Music and Media
Document reader

Aren't you seeing that selection in your menus?

Ask a Question