GO 300 help

Hi everyone.
My friend's mom had been having trouble with her tomtom 300, and my friend tried to fix it. When his attempts didn't work, he gave it to me to fool around with. The SD card that he gave me to use with the tomtom did not have any files at all on it. After reading a few threads on these forums, it is safe to say that there needs to be data on this sd card. I tried to use tomtom home to recognize the tomtom, but it didn't. I figured that the cd he gave me would have the firmware, or something, on it, but tomtom home will not recognize the tomtom- so I can't really do anything right now.

When I open my computer, the sd card and its lack of files can be read (connected with the usb cable). How can I get tomtom home to recognize the tomtom?

If it helps, the only thing I can get the tomtom itself to display is a picture of the back of the tomtom with the usb cable plugged in.

Thanks for your time.

These units have no internal memory and everything is on the SD card. It's strange that it is blank. Is it the origninal card with the TomTom logo on it?

The software can be replaced for free via the Home program (assuming you can get it to recognize your unit), but if the maps have been erased, this will cost money to get replaced.

Did they make a backup of the card? If this is not the original card, then find it!

These units have no internal memory and everything is on the SD card. It's strange that it is blank. Is it the origninal card with the TomTom logo on it?

The software can be replaced for free via the Home program (assuming you can get it to recognize your unit), but if the maps have been erased, this will cost money to get replaced.

Did they make a backup of the card? If this is not the original card, then find it!

It seems to be the original card, and I called my friend and he says he formatted the card, which would have erased it, but is willing to buy the maps again. Are there any compatibility issues with tomtom home, tomtom, and vista? I've already reinstalled tomtom home.

Ask a Question