GO 2535TM vs VIA 1535TM

D

Dardiana

I've been thinking of buying myself an upgrade to my GO 300, and been reading reviews, comparing and looking over specs of all the different models.
I like tomtom, so would like to stay with them.

I'm a bit stumped though, can't really find any differences between the GO2535TM and the VIA1535TM.
Can anyone explain why 100$ difference between the models?

Thanks

You have to be careful when comparing various models in each series. The 2535 TM shows as $320 on the US site while the 1535 TM shows as $250.

The 2535 comes with Enhanced Voice Control which 'understands' some 100 commands or more, the 1535 doesn't have that.

The 2535 has a capacitive screen, the 1535 a normal lcd screen.

The 2535 has 4 gigs memory, the 1535 shows as two BUT one BIG plus for the 1535 is the inclusion of a sd card slot which would be excellent if and when TT ever figures out how to offer extra maps on the web based MyTomTom site which both models MUST use.

No more Home 2 for these units. Won't work with them.

Just thought I'd throw this in here:

Do all versions of the GO 2535 support RDS-TMC?

And some are HD traffic + RDS TMC?

Are the RDS-TMC subscriptions ifetime .. or 1-year as usual?

The GO2535 and VIA models use the same numbering as all the 2010 Tomtoms.

- When the model has the letter "T" after the digits, it has lifetime RDS-TMC traffic.
- When it has an "M" after the digits, it has lifetime maps.
- When it has a "LIVE" after the digits, it has HD traffic.

So the GO 2535M LIVE has lifetime maps and HD traffic, but not RDS-TMC traffic.

And the GO2535TM has lifetime maps and lifetime RDS-TMC traffic, but not LIVE traffic.

LIVE traffic has an initial promo period (duration depends on model), but is a monthly subscription afterwards.

Also, GO 2xxx models come with that magnetic mount and none of VIA models have that. It may not matter much at the first glance, but if you like me live in a city where you park on the street and want an easy way to take off your GPS when you are leaving your car, that magnetic mount goes a long way. It takes you just a moment to snatch it off the mount and put in the glove box or take with you, with VIA you have to yank out that suction cup each and every time and trust me it will get old very fast.

So the 2535M models will not have the option to use RDS-TMC?

Not out-of the box.

But this page says that the RDS-TMC receiver add on is compatible with the 2535 series, which I assume covers all models. But I'd suggest emailing Tomtom and getting confirmation in writing before making any purchasing decision

Ask a Question