GO 2535 TM WTE vs GO LIVE 2050 World

Hey guys

I'm having trouble finding out the difference between the GO 2535 TM WTE and GO LIVE 2050 World (https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/products/car-navigation/go-2535-tm-wte/index.jsp and https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/products/car-navigation/go-live-2050-world/).

Basically I live in the US at the moment but will be moving shortly to Australia. I know that the 2535 doesn't come with an Australian map but know that its fairly easy to get.

Besides this I was wondering if someone could help me out with what the difference is. Also with the traffic updates do they work anywhere in the world?

Cheers

Welcome to TTF.

The 2535WTE comes with maps of North_America and Europe. The 'T' signifies lifetime rds-tmc traffic via the fm signal in the radio. Signal accomplished with a combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger that works in any country. The map updates are for North America only, not the Europe map.

The 2050 World LIVE model comes with maps of Aus, NZ, USA & Canada and Europe. The LIVE functionality and LIVE traffic is by subscription after an initial free period. Live traffic is much better than the rds-tmc traffic in that it covers all roads and updates every 2 minutes (vs every 15 minutes for the rds).

BUT................................

LIVE Services are not compatible between OZ and North America as sim cards and carriers are different (like cell phones).

Live Services include Google local search, weather, etc. See more here:
GO LIVE 2050 World - Car navigation - TomTom

Thanks for the great response. It might just be me but they don't seem to make it easy to find out these differences.

Just wondering does the 2050 fall back to the traffic system in the 2535 when the SIM isn't available or the subscription has been lost?

Cheers

IF you also have a combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger for the unit then, yes, if the Live traffic is lost (or you don't renew the subscription), the unit does fall back to using the fm traffic info.

Better than nothing...............

Ask a Question