GO 2535 TM Voice Command

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535
Is there any way to train the voice command? When I use voice command to enter an address, it isn't even in the ball park. If I use the buttons to go to Navigate To then use voice it works well but from the VC button it adds extra digits to the house number then has the wrong street and wrong city. It doesn't matter what address I use it is just useless. I even tried something simple "Clear Route" I got "Command not recognized" then I said "Cancel" and got the response "do you want to clear the route?" It's lucky I couldn't reach my gun. :)

There's no way to train the voice command, but the quality of the speech recognition has improved with each new model and software update.

What I'd recommend is to try different patterns of speech when you have free time. Try slower, faster, louder, softer, higher pitch, lower pitch, etc. You'll probably figure out what level and style of speech is the most understandable to the system.

I speak as if I'm giving a presentation in front of 20 people in a room without a mic. Loud but not yelling, clearly, and somewhat slow.

With this type of speech, the voice command works very very well for me.

Mine (2535M Live) works well for many commands, but seems pretty challenged at some. Navigating to a POI can be frustrating, as it recognizes some (e.g., Starbucks) quite well, but struggles over others (such as "BJ's") that I'd think would be pretty recognizable. Specifying an address works well -- especially since you can correct a single part of the entry - nice idea there. Also nice being able to change from 2D to 3D, turn up the volume, search for Favorite and many others -- most work quite well. Not perfect - but very useful.

Thanks guys! After working with it and pulling my hair out, I found that if I drop down to my Drill Sergeant Voice that it works much better. Sometimes it still misses completely but it is much better.

Ask a Question