Getting Maps |i paid for...ArrrGGh!!!

TomTom Model(s)
Go720 (3rd unit...2 stolen)
In October of 2010 I duly paid for 5 yrs of map updates to the tune of some 80 dollars - charged to my master Card.
3 weeks after doing so, my Go 720 gets stolen, so like any one does that is not into buying brand new, i go to kijiji and get a decent lightly used 720. The unit works fine but the maps are a tad out dated.

I have since (Feb), bought a BNIB 630 and due to the silliness of only allowing one unit per account, which makes ZERO sense to me. I needed two accounts.

The Issue was that at the time of map update purchase, I was using a different e-mail address. Have moved from Ontario back to Alberta and changed my e-mail address on my original account

Not sure how that affected my map updates if any where to come.?

So, fast forward to this week and I finally get a notice that I have a map update. Woohoo. try to update the 720...no joy (its the one that needed it)...I could only update my 630.

How the hell do I get my 720 updated without having to pay, since I already did based on needing updates for the 720...or is this some game TomTom plays that updfates are only for 1 unit per charge.???

Interestingly enough, I see Garmin advertises a ton of apps on their Nuvi's with LIFETIME Updates. check em out at Costco.

maybe its time to dump this stuff as I have attempted to contact Tomtom on many occasions to no avail..???

Stk

You could try calling CS at 866-486-6866 and ask them to transfer the map updates to the replacement unit you have now and its email address account. Offer to show proof (by scanned invoice, for example) of the purchase.

Sometimes, miracles happen.............:)

Ask a Question