Get your TomTom 740 traffic questions answered .. LIVE

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
Early tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday, May 5th) an opportunity for a TomTom rep to answer specific questions concerning traffic services on the 740 will take place at gpsreview.net . "Live" traffic as integrated with IQ2 on the new TomTom requires a change in thinking, and can easily be misunderstood. Here's a chance to get your questions answered....

The link to the thread at gpsreview.net is here.

You can post your questions here and I'll get them over to that forum.

Early afternoon is pretty vague considering the number of time zones involved. Please pass along any more specific schedule information if/when you have it.

Yep, if and when I get a more definitive time, I will. The admin of the other forum will be in LA but the site itself is based on the East Coast.... clicking the link to the other site tomorrow morning may show a more definitive time.

Putting something like this together on short notice (I just found out about this evening about 6 pm Eastern :eek:) is a bit of 'flying by the seat of the pants' as you can appreciate but we'll do our best...

I'll get clarity in the morning (EST), but I think Tim's interview (telephone) will be early afternoon on the West Coast.

Yep, if and when I get a more definitive time, I will. The admin of the other forum will be in LA but the site itself is based on the East Coast.... clicking the link to the other site tomorrow morning may show a more definitive time.

Putting something like this together on short notice (I just found out about this evening about 6 pm Eastern :eek:) is a bit of 'flying by the seat of the pants' as you can appreciate but we'll do our best...

Don't you like surprises?

There are so many questions that are already being asked, and the statement
Live traffic as integrated with IQ2 on the new TomTom requires a change in thinking
...really piques the mind!
I guess to try to keep apples-to-apples (or is that drums-to-drums?) I'd ask the following:
  1. What is new in the entire LIVE system
    • Information sources (and what role LIVE devices play as sources) - Trafficast Dynaflow, etc?
    • "Filtering" & algorithms used prior to results/recommendations presentation on the device
    • Response time (event-to-device)
    • Event types monitored (and reported)
    • Functions
  2. A matrix of ALL aspects of the LIVE system compared to PLUS-based system in a side-by-side feature matrix. That ought to help ID the common and the news
    • Including the above list
    • The full feature set of each system for comparison

The interview with the TomTom traffic rep is scheduled for this afternoon (Tuesday, May 5th) at 1:30 pm Eastern.

Ask a Question