Get your TomTom 740 traffic questiions answered ... LIVE

This is great. I took a look at the thread on gpsreview.net, but I don't see any information on how to "participate" (for lack of a better word). Is this something that will be a "live" web event that we can link to while it's happening, or will it be an off-line event that will later be reported on?

Either way...
  1. Is traffic data received by live-capable devices filtered to exclude data that is consistent with IQ Routing data?
  2. What is the turnaround time between receiving data FROM a live device and having it received BY another live device?
  3. Where can users go online to look at traffic data that would be displayed on live devices?
  4. If data is filtered (as above) does the online resource present filtered or unfiltered data?
  5. If the data is filtered, how can users know if the traffic they are stuck in is considered "normal" by IQ Routing, or if traffic conditions are actually being misreported by live

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'll leave it at that for now and see what comes to mind later after some others have posted. This is a great opportunity here - kudos to those who made it happen.

Opps... I responded in the wrond sub-forum. Could a mod move this please?

Interview scheduled for this afternoon (Tuesday, May 5th) at 1:30 pm Eastern.

The Q & A in that session helped Tim, the admin, at gpsreview.net when he compiled his detailed review of the 740. See this link on our site.

Ask a Question