Gas station icons

Yes, mate, I understand that since I've created many .ov2 but what I was asking that is it possible to add new icon (gas brand for example) into the stocked-POI? Meaning, no, we don't want to create .ov2 file (and its bitmap), we want the unit to show Mobil icon, Exxon icon, ..... along with Shell icon as Gas Stations.

Or you meant, creating .ov2 files then "link" them to Tomtom stock-POIs with filename.inf?

I'm not quite understand those 7311-1 to 7311-7 all about.

Last edited:
Yes, mate, I understand that since I've created many .ov2 but what I was asking that is it possible to add new icon (gas brand for example) into the stocked-POI? Meaning, no, we don't want to create .ov2 file (and its bitmap), we want the unit to show Mobil icon, Exxon icon, ..... along with Shell icon as Gas Stations.

Or you meant, creating .ov2 files then "link" them to Tomtom stock-POIs with filename.inf?

I'm not quite understand those 7311-1 to 7311-7 all about.

The POI.DAT and matching CRPOI.DAT files are of a proprietary format for TT units and there are no utilies to work with them so you can't merge ov2 files to the stock TT POI database as far as I know. I could spend hours trying to explain without being sure I would be understood. Just go to your map with Windows Explorer, open the brand subfolder, than browse the files 7311-01 thru 7311_07. They are the icons for the service stations included in the TT database.

Ask a Question